and a happy new year
Don’t worry, is ok. I suffer from depression and social anxiety, now I’m being treated so I can say that in general I’m fine, but I didn’t do anything about it before, I learned to disguise it in some way, acting like the most happiest and positive person, keeping myself busy all the time so I wouldn’t allow myself to have any negative feelings, but it was so exhausting and I reached a point in which I couldn’t control it anymore, I started missing classes, passing on job opportunities, hiding from friends, stop using social networks, not answering texts or calls, I started isolating myself completely, at first everyone just thought that I was a very careless guy, it became normal to my family, friends and acquaintances that there were spans of times in which I disappeared and no one ever thought nothing bad ‘cause I didn’t allow it until my physical health started showing the same deterioration my emotional state had ‘cause I didn’t eat or sleep well, etc. and all was related to try to have the most minimum contact with other people and not accepting that I was feeling really bad. It was a pretty dark and awful moment, but I feel I’m a lot better now, I returned to school, I’m able to go out, I tolerate more masses of people, obviously I get stressed sometimes but I guess that’s normal, right? ha.
ARTCHIEPL 2013 YEAR END GIVEAWAY
To celebrate the holiday season, Artchipel teams up with The World’s Largest Poster and Print Store AllPosters.fr* for 2013 Year End Giveway. You get a chance to win:
1. René Magritte's Le fils de l’homme, 210gsm Paper 28x36 cm (1964)
2. René Magritte's La Trahison des Images, 210gsm Paper 70x50 cm (1929)
3. René Magritte's Golconde, 210gsm Paper 70x50 cm (1953)
To enter (until Thursday 12th Dec. inclusive):
• Reblog this post on Tumblr or share this post on Facebook
• Send us your post via Fan Mail or Facebook Message
• Provide your full name, email & postal address that remain confidential**
3 bloggers living in Europe will win one of René Magritte's quality art prints, announced on Monday 16th Dec. and contacted by email. Thank you for your interest over the past year & wish you a holiday beyond your imagination!
* AllPosters.fr brings a carefully curated selection of posters and prints including art reproductions, decorative prints, entertainment and specialty posters. Whether you are looking for a Magritte reproduction or a print of the Eiffel Tower, there are over 1.7 millions choices on the site with the possiblity of framing service.
** Complete Official Rules
notes in the dark
#i hope you’re miserable like me
OH MY GOD one of our tigers did this (and it isn’t stuck on his head; one of the keepers went in to see if he needed help and he undid this and redid it on his own a few times) but oh my god hE’S PRETENDING TO BE A LION IM GONNA DIE
thankgod for free access to thepiratebay
By Christian Hopkins, this very talented young photographer uses his photography as a true artistic outlet to help with his depression. The whole set of images are just stunning and really draw you in, a perfect example of how art can help a person having a difficult time to express themselves.